Friday, May 18, 2012

Day before Kelowna Western Canadians Competition! - Thank you!

Thank you all, for the support you have given me!

After so many months of training hard, dedication to a solid meal plan and preparing for stepping on stage for the first time, waking up today in Kelowna is pretty surreal!  It is really hard to believe that the big day is tomorrow.  I can honestly say, that I feel I am in the best condition of my life.  I am healthier and more fit than I ever could have thought possible.  This past week has been a bit more difficult with the final stages of preparation, especially with my final week's meal plan and keeping training hard and focused.  One thing I find funny, is how much I enjoyed waking up this morning to flavoured rice cakes (caramel never tasted so good)!

When I look back over these past several months of my wellness transformation, I feel it is so important to take a moment to say thank you to the many people that helped support, motivate and inspire me along the way.  There are so many of you, that it would be difficult to thank all of you, so if I miss your name, please forgive me.  The biggest thanks of all must first go to my best friend and the love of my life Grace!  Without your support, I don't think I could have come close to achieving the results I did.  Some thought we were crazy to be prepping for the same show, but I feel we're stronger together than before we started.  Our daughter Veronica has also been such a huge support through this process.  She has really been a positive force behind us, be it through helping with chores around the house, looking for ways she can do extra to help, or simply to offer words of encouragement and even making me feel proud by being serious about living a healthier and more active lifestyle and pushing to excel in her studies at school.

It would be a shame if I were to not offer my very sincere thank you to our trainers Dean and Leigh of Body by Brandt.  You both have been such a positive influence in my life!  I remember a conversation we were having after knowing each other for only a short time, when Dean said, "I think it's more than coincidence that the four of us have met."  At the time, I did feel the same way, but now I truly believe this more than ever.  I can say for myself, that your support and training has absolutely changed my life.  I have seen such changes in my health, wellness, fitness level and personal self confidence, that I truly feel blessed for the opportunity to have had our paths cross.  I look forward to many more good times and positive influences and opportunities that we call all share in the future!

Friends are also so important to me, with the support they have constantly offered.  I must say though, through this process, you really do realize who are your true friends and supporters.  Not all of those "friends" have been a positive influence and may not have remained on my list of people I would turn to for support.  A big thing I have found key to progress, is to surround yourself with not only positive thoughts, but to remove those negative influences from your life.  Our friends Marie and Matt have always been such a support for us along the way.  Understanding our strict meal plans and being supportive of that and even more important, the patience they have shown in understanding our hectic schedules that make it difficult to spend as much time together as we would like. 

One amazing thing about social media, is the amount of friends I have made literally around the world.  Some of these friends and supporters like Tim, I have got to know very well and we have never even met in person, yet (looking forward to getting the chance to meet in Vancouver next month).  There are so many others as well, through the ever growing families of #TeamRippedFreak and #TeamB3 that it amazes me how supportive people can be towards each other when you are working towards a common goal.

Work has been supportive and understanding also, as it has shown to be difficult at times to stay on track with a strict meal plan, while being surrounded with so much incredible food and options running a restaurant every day.  Whether it is the support and encouragement from the staff, or our culinary teams that have learned my strict meal plan to help with customizing my meals (when I don't pack my own food), or knowing that I have helped to be an inspiration to others to begin their own journey to improve their own health and wellness, it has been such an uplifting experience to have been able to share.

Opportunities that I have had the ability to experience in these past few months have been so amazing. Having my transformation to be featured in Inside Fitness Magazine this year was such a surprise and a real honour! The people from Pharma Freak impress me more than I can say. I have been a huge fan of their line of products, especially Ripped Freak hybrid fat burner and pre-workout drink. This line of products have really helped me to achieve results beyond my original imagination.

Please check out the video below, to see my quick thank you message during our drive from home to Kelowna. 



Once again, if I didn't thank you specifically, but I should have, please forgive me. There are just so many people to thank, that I could go on for days.  If you have read this post, please take a moment to share your thoughts and/or comments.  Let me say thank you one more time, just because I am so greatful for all of the love and support from everyone that has been an influence in my life.  Wish me luck, for when I step on stage tomorrow.  Looking forward to sharing thoughts and results of this very soon.

Take care and live well!

Andrew Bukowsky
#Ripped365

No comments:

Post a Comment