Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Less than 4 weeks until the stage....

   Well, I have to say, it is hard to believe that I am already less than 4 weeks away from stepping on stage in Kelowna, for the Western Canadians.  This is the first show here that is presenting the new category for Men's Physique.  Training is progressing really well, as well as I have just tightened up my meal plan (so very slightly).  One benefit of keeping up with a lean and healthy style of eating consistantly, means I feel less of an impact from "contest prep diet" than I think many others feel, that follow an "off-season" style of eating.  It is kind of funny to say this, but one change to my meal plan that I have found tough to give up, is my morning oatmeal I am no longer adding in the mixed berries that I had been up until now.  I am adapting though.

  With regard to training, I am still working with Dean of BodyByBrandt 3 days a week, in addition to workout out with Grace the other 4 days a week.  I have been able to work out my schedule so that I am able to do double workouts 5 days a week, doing a cardio session for 30-45 minutes in the morning, paired with weight training in the evenings.  Due to a later shift at work on Fridays and Saturdays, I find I am not able to make it for a second training session, so I do my best to go hard in the mornings on these days.  For cardio, Grace and I are hitting the gym every morning at 6:00am so we have enough time to get back home and be out to work by 8:00am.  This does make for some days that I feel tired, but the morning cardio I feel, gives me a real kick start to my day and actually gives me energy to real push through my long days. 

  Intensity of both cardio and weights has picked up the last week or two, in order to really push myself to get the best results I can.  I have been maintaining my weight and body fat to the levels I am happy with at this point.  I will be trimming down a bit more still the final week or two before stepping on stage.  I have been refraining from posting progress pics since my last one at 6 weeks out, only because I think you need to keep some element of surprise for the big day.

  One other new addition to my plan this past week, has been my first Men's Physique posing practice with Dean.  Conditioning is spot on and with a few weeks left to add some size (hopefully) up top, I am feeling very confident.  The one thing that I do find difficult now, is being the first show for this category, there are so many questions and opinions as to what the judges will be looking for when judging the Men's Physique.  Recently, I heard a piece of advice that really hit home with me.  The advice was, of course you want to listen to the feedback from the judges and work to make improvements based on this, but you have to bring a physique to the stage that you are most impressed with.  I had started to question my original thoughts and plans of how I was going to cut & prep for the show, but I think at this point, the best thing I can do, is prep as I feel I am showing my best attributes.  This way, I will know I did what is right for me!



  If you are planning on attending the show in Kelowna on May 19th, please look for me to say hello.  If not, I hope there will be lots of pictures available that I will be happy to post and to share the results with all of my friends, family and followers.

  As always, thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts and support me along my journey.  If there are any questions you have, let me know through Facebook, Twitter, or email and I will be happy to answer.

  Until next time, stay healthy and keep pushing to achieve your goals, whatever they may be.

Andrew Bukowsky

No comments:

Post a Comment